Bridging to Employment (B2E) Program
Bridging to Employment is SIA’s newest employment program!
This full-time program will help Newcomers utilize their previous education and skills in the Saskatchewan job market. Participants will learn more about Canadian work culture and increase their digital literacy skills. We are currently accepting applications with intakes starting in March and August.
The Program consists of two major parts:
1. 10 weeks of employment skills training, which include workshops on resume and cover letter writing, communication, computer and digital literacy, interview skills, job search techniques, and more.
2. 10 weeks in a PAID work placement where participants can gain Canadian experience in their career path.
Benefits of the Program
Through the Bridging to Employment Program, participants will acquire:
- Knowledge, skills, and resources to prepare for employment in the Saskatchewan labour market
- Enhanced computer and digital literacy skills
- Paid Canadian work experience, references, and a platform to demonstrate their skills to an employer
- Knowledge of the broader community through professional and social networks, and multi-cultural awareness and understanding
To apply, applicants must be:
- A Newcomer who can legally work in Canada.
- Currently unemployed or under-employed (not employed in your area of training).
- Have Permanent Residency, Refugee status, a Work Permit, or Canadian Citizenship.
- Possess education and skills from outside of Canada.
Our first intake started on Monday, March 21, 2022.
Applications will still be accepted for the next session, so apply now!
For more information, contact Bridging to Employment Employment Coordinator, Jennifer Leson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for the Bridging to Employment program, please fill out the online application form below.