Employment Counselling Services (ECS)
Employment Counselling Services (ECS) offers individual support to Permanent Residents and Refugees who want to start a career in Saskatchewan. Employment Counselling is free, and you can attend as many meetings as you need.
To register for Employment Counselling Services, you must be:
- A Permanent Resident or Refugee;
- Living in Saskatchewan; and
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Flexibility – We work on your terms!
- Talk to us on Zoom, by email, or over the phone.
- All ages and English levels accepted.
- Daytime, evening, and weekend meeting times available.
- Available to support clients across the province.
What happens during employment counselling?
In an employment counselling meeting, we talk about your situation and how you can use your skills to start a career.
We can help you with:
- Needs assessment – discovering the career you want in Canada.
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Interview preparation and practice.
- Career-specific language practice.
- Referrals to programs and services within the community.
- Recommendations for relevant education and career opportunities.
- Support during the credentialing process.
- General tips on living and working in Saskatchewan.
If you are interested in accessing Employment Counselling Services, please complete the online application form below.