Are you a professional looking to continue your career in Canada? Did you complete all or most of your education and work experience outside of Canada?
Consider applying for the Mentorship Program!
The Mentorship program is a free work-readiness program designed for newcomers who want to gain Canadian experience in their training area and learn more about Canadian work culture. Applications for the Program are accepted all year, and intakes are held in February, May, and September.
The Program consists of two major parts:
- An 8-week in-class portion consisting of workshops on resume and cover letter writing, Canadian workplace culture and workers’ rights, job search techniques, interview skills, presentations from employer partners and industry experts, and various other employment-related topics.
- An 8-12 week work placement in which participants complete a volunteer internship with a company involved in the client’s training area. Participants can gain Canadian work experience, demonstrate their skills to an employer, and network with other professionals in their field.
Benefits of the Program
Through the Mentorship Program, participants will acquire:
- Knowledge, skills and resources to prepare for employment in the Saskatchewan labour market;
- Canadian work experience, references, and a platform to demonstrate their skills to an employer; and
- Knowledge of the broader community through professional and social networks and will build multi-cultural awareness and understanding.
To apply, applicants must be:
- A minimum CLB 5;
- In Canada for less than 5 years;
- Legally able to work in Canada;
- Currently unemployed or under-employed (not employed in your area of training);
- Have completed post-secondary education (some or all education must have been completed outside of Canada); and
- Open to Permanent Residents, Refugees, Work Permit holders, and Canadian Citizens.
Application for Employer Hosts
If you would like to host an 8–12-week volunteer work placement at your company or organization, please email Colleen Slade, Mentorship Work Placement Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Our next intake begins on Monday, February 6 2023. Apply now to be considered!
All new applicants must attend an information session to be considered for the next intake selection process. More information will be sent to you about the information session after you have submitted your application. Thank you for your interest in the Mentorship Program.
If you are interested in the Mentorship Program, please fill out the online registration form below.