Professional Advancement and Career Training (PACT)
Empowering Newcomer Women in the Workplace!
The PACT (Professional Advancement & Career Training) Program is a free work preparation program for Newcomer Women in Canada. The program is designed for professional women with foreign educational qualifications and work experience, who want to work in Canada in one of the following fields:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics)
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
Applications for PACT are accepted year-round, and we host multiple intakes per year. The PACT program has two parts:
- An eight-week part-time class portion consisting of workshops on Canadian workplace culture, job search techniques, interview skills and other employment-related topics.
- Classes are tailored to individual participants’ needs as much as possible.
- Childcare subsidies are available to those who need it.
2. A twelve-week paid work placement with an employer in the client’s area of training.
Benefits of the Program
Through the PACT program, participants will gain:
- Canadian work experience;
- Canadian references;
- A platform to demonstrate their skills to an employer; and
- A chance to network with other professionals in their field.
To apply, applicants must be:
- A newcomer woman who is legally able to work in Canada,
- In possession of a university degree in an area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and have received some or all your education and work experience from outside of Canada or,
- In possession of a diploma/certificate from a technical/applied science institution or business college in the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and have received some or all your education and work experience from outside of Canada.
- Unemployed or underemployed (that is, not working in your area of training).
- The next PACT program session will start on Monday, October 3rd, 2022.
- We accept applications year-round, so apply now to be considered for the next intake!
We will contact applicants by email with dates and times for information sessions.
Please note: All new applicants must participate in an information session to be considered for the next intake.
If you are interested in the PACT Program, please fill out the online form below.