Professional Advancement and Career Training (PACT)
Empowering Newcomer Women in the Workplace!
The PACT program is a New and Free work preparation program for Newcomer Women in Canada. The program is designed for professional women who have foreign educational qualifications and foreign work experience and want to work in Canada in the following respective fields:
- Information Technology.
Applications for PACT are accepted year-round, and we host multiple intakes per year. The PACT program is comprised of three main sections:
- A six-week part-time online class portion consisting of workshops on Canadian workplace culture, job search techniques, interview skills and other employment-related topics. Classes are tailored to individual participants’ needs as much as possible.
- A two-week paid job-shadowing portion with an employer in the client’s area of training.
- A ten-week paid work placement portion with an employer in the client’s area of training.
Benefits of the Program
Through the PACT program, participants will gain:
- Canadian work experience;
- Canadian references;
- A platform to demonstrate their skills to an employer; and
- Network with other professionals in their field.
To apply, applicants must be:
- A newcomer woman who is legally able to work in Canada,
- In possession of a university degree in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Engineering and Information Technology and have received some or all your education and work experience from outside of Canada or,
- In possession of a diploma/certificate from a technical/applied science institution or business college in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Engineering and Information Technology and have received some or all your education and work experience from outside of Canada.
- Unemployed or underemployed (that is, not working in your area of training).
- The next PACT Program session is scheduled to begin on June 14, 2021.
- The application deadline for the next intake is May 24, 2021.
We will contact applicants by email with dates and times for information sessions. Please note: All new applicants must participate in an information session to be considered for the next intake.
If you are interested in the PACT Program, please fill out the online form below.