SK CultureXchange Program
SK CultureXchange Program is a cultural partnership between newcomers and established residents of Saskatchewan. This cultural partnership will provide supportive friendships beneficial to all.
Newcomers will be able to foster a sense of belonging. Locals will have the opportunity to connect with newcomers to develop friendships, learn/share about their community and what it has to offer, and practice communication skills.
The ultimate goal is to increase intercultural understanding through exchanging personal experiences in a meaningful way.
- Be paired with a volunteer and receive friendly and informative support that helps them adjust and integrate into the community;
- Gain a safe and knowledgeable contact to ask questions and learn about how to access important local resources and understand local cultural norms;
- Share their culture and stories in a safe space; and
- Increase self-confidence and feel more comfortable and connected to a new environment, which will help them integrate more quickly.
Local Volunteers will:
- Increase their cultural knowledge and understanding by learning about another culture and hearing personal experiences;
- Contribute to creating a more welcoming community by providing information on community opportunities and resources as well as tips on where to find the best local programs, services, and entertainment; and
- Develop their leadership skills by mentoring new residents and helping them feel at home in a new community.
- Registration for the next intake ends April 10, 2021.
- Information session date from April 12, 2021, at 6:30 pm via zoom.
If you are interested in participating in the SK CultureXChange Program as either a participant or volunteer, please fill out the online form below.
Download the poster and share it with your networks.