PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT & CAREER TRAINING (PACT)
FOR NEWCOMER WOMEN
Empowering Women in the Workplace!
OVERVIEW OF THE PACT PROGRAM
The PACT Program is Saskatchewan Intercultural Association’s NEW and FREE work preparation program for Newcomer Women in Canada. The Program is designed for professional women who have foreign educational qualifications and foreign work experience and want to work in Canada in the following respective fields:
- Information Technology.
Applications for PACT are accepted all year round and we host multiple intakes per year.
The PACT Program comprises of three main sections namely:
- A four-week full time in-class portion consisting of workshops on Canadian workplace culture, job search techniques, interview skills and other employment-related topics. Classes are tailored to individual participants’ needs as much as possible.
- A two-week paid job-shadowing portion with an employer in client’s area of training.
- A ten-week paid work placement portion with an employer in client’s area of training.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Financial support is available to each registered participant for childcare/daycare subsidy and transportation (i.e. bus passes). Through the PACT Program, participants will gain:
- Canadian work experience,
- Canadian references,
- A platform to demonstrate their skills to an employer and,
- Network with other professionals in their field.
In order to apply, applicants must be:
- A newcomer woman who is legally able to work in Canada,
- In possession of a university degree in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Engineering and Information Technology and have received some or all the education and work experience from outside of Canada or,
- In possession of a diploma/certificate from a technical/applied science institution or business college in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Engineering and Information Technology and have received some or all the education and work experience from outside of Canada.
- Unemployed, or underemployed (that is, not working in your area of training).
The next PACT Program session is scheduled to begin on November 2, 2020 and we are accepting completed application forms.
Once an application form is submitted, applicants will be contacted by email with dates and times for Information Sessions.
Please note: All new applicants must participante in an Information Session in order to be considered for the next intake’s selection process.
The application deadline for the next intake is October 9, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in the PACT Program.
For more information, contact Aris Night at:
Phone: (306) 978-1818