The Saskatchewan Intercultural Association's membership includes over 25 ethno-cultural heritages, each having a distinctive tradition in music and dance. Through workshops and regular classes, many of these cultural groups developed a polished repertoire for the numerous public performances organized by the Association.
For over 40 years, the SIA Performing Arts Program has provided multicultural performances in Saskatoon. Here are some of the events and achievements of our performing arts groups:
- We have provided performance groups for Canada Day celebrations in Diefenbaker Park since 1981.
- We provided performances in the acclaimed Spirit of Saskatoon's centennial year.
- SIA's performing groups played a large role in making the 1989 Jeux Canada Games Closing Ceremonies a huge success.
- As part of the SIA's 30th Anniversary celebrations, the highly acclaimed showcase extravaganza, Magic Carpet Ride: Celebrating our Roots was performed at the Centennial Auditorium in 1994.
Below is a complete list of SIA's performance groups:
- Al Amar Dance Theatre
- Blakey Saskatoon School Of Irish Dance
- Chinese Martial Arts Academy
- Doukhobor Society of Saskatoon
- Del Mundo Dance Academy
- Filipino Heritage School (Filipino parent-Teachers Association Of Saskatoon, Inc.)
- German Junior Folk Dance
- Ghanaian-Canadian Association of Saskatoon
- Heritage Chinese Language School
- Living Sky Taiko
- Oriental Dance Arts
- Prairie Reel Association Of Irish Dance (Brady Academy Of Irish Dance)
- Punjabi Cultural Association of Saskatoon
- Pakistan Canada Cultural Association
- Rumbo Al Sur (Latin American Music/sing)
- Tzahalah Dance Group
- Saskatoon Scottish Country Dancers
- Saskatoon Chinese Language School
- Somali School (Taleeh)
- Viva Flamenco
If you would like to book a performance group for any occasion that you may be hosting,
Dene Cree Robillard, Community Outreach Coordinator