Teen Employment Program (TEP)
Teen Employment Program (TEP) is a unique program that teaches employment skills and intercultural awareness to Newcomer youth (15-18) in Saskatoon. TEP will offer free individual/group support to teen-aged Permanent Residents and Refugees who want to start a career in Saskatchewan. The program will involve workshops, tours of local businesses and cultural centers, volunteer opportunities, and a chance to earn a work placement with a local business.
To register for Employment Counselling Services, you must be:
- A Permanent Resident or Refugee;
- Living in Saskatchewan; and
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Between the ages of 15-18
Flexibility – We work on your terms!
- Talk to us on Zoom, by email, or over the phone.
- All ages and English levels accepted.
- Daytime, evening, and weekend meeting times available.
What happens during employment counselling?
In an employment counselling meeting, we will talk about your situation and how you can use your skills to gain employment.
Types of Sessions we offer with TEP:
- One on One Employment Counselling
- Needs assessment
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation and practice
- Mentoring/work placement opportunities
- Referrals to programs and services within the community
- First Aid and CPR training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Work Readiness
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Resume writing
- Digital Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- Volunteer opportunities
- Transportation Support
If you are interested in the Teen Employment Program, please complete the online application form.