SIA, in partnership with W.P. Bate Community School, OUTSaskatoon, Vinyasa Yoga for Youth, and CHEP Good Food, will target 30 Indigenous and Newcomer vulnerable children from grades 1 to 8 at W.P. Bate Community School in Saskatoon to participate in the Culture Club.
The purpose of Culture Club is:
- to create a safe space to bring together children from low-income families to connect and share pride in their culture through sharing a healthy snack;
- learning about nutrition;
- sharing their stories and culture;
- learning about other cultures;
- learning from Indigenous storytellers;
- learning and practicing yoga; physical activity and recreation through playing games;
- learning from guest facilitators from OUTSaskatoon, Indigenous groups like Young Thunder, and CHEP Good Food; and
- Parents will be invited to nutrition and yoga sessions.
Currently not running due to Covid-19. Check back for new schedule.
Expected outcomes are:
- Children’s increased physical, social and emotional well-being; and
- Children and their families more engaged with the school and the learning community.