SIA is a safe and welcoming organization that promotes harmony and acceptance to all members of our community. Volunteering with SIA is an excellent way to contribute to our organization and the community through our work.
We are passionate about our work and seek passionate volunteers who would like to contribute while gaining valuable experiences. Please reach out to us if this volunteer opportunity is for you.
What can I Volunteer for?
There are many ways you can join SIA:
- Administration/ SIA Front Desk;
- Special Events; and
- Other: Please describe if you have a specific interest.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gaining Work Experience;
- Letters of Recommendation;
- Increased Community involvement;
- Giving back to the community;
- Supporting an organization that is bettering the lives of others;
- Learning about other cultures;
- Intercultural education and acceptance; and
- Building bridges between the community and local organizations.
What is the Commitment?
- We ask that you provide us with your availability.
- We ask for understanding if there are no current opportunities.
- Opportunities are based on accommodating what is best for both parties.
- We do ask for a strong commitment and strong communication.
- We believe in fairness and making volunteerism comfortable.
- 18 years of age for office volunteerism;
- Completed criminal record and vulnerable sector search;
- 13 years of age for youth program volunteerism;
- Volunteer application;
- Formal interview with the office volunteer manager; and
- Application (Email us for now until we have a form).